Sunday, March 06, 2005

Surround (圍攏)

Surround
Oil on Canvas. 18" x 24". December 2004.

This is the real thing....an oil painting on a 1.5" woodframe. Here, I am still trying to find my style in representing what I see as image of people. I am attempting very hard to think outside of the box, and paint whatever came to mind, without worrying what is right or wrong.

Do notice that this painting was done about 10 months after 'Touch'. I did not paint in-between. Mostly because I don't have a direction. But I now I do (read my Feb 23 entry).

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I first think of the word "dormant" while looking at this painting. Then the word "nurturing" pop up in my mind.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sheta said...

His strong arm is impressive. He protects her from danger, keeps running in the dark, while gently holding her into himself. They have to enter the dark from enemies behind. She is not "clean", with stories and scars, doesn't want to stay close to anybody. His arm brings her comfort and protection that she longs for. She rests in him.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home