Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Other Side of Love (愛的背面)

OSOLRevA
Acrylic on Canvas. 24" x 36" each. January 2004.

Frankly, I hate these (well, I kinda do like the red one) to the point where I almost forgot I had them, even though they are right above my bed.

At first, I wanted to do some kind of abstract figures with unique facial features of my own...but they started to look like Anime characters. So, for the lack of ideas, I painted in cubics....how un-original!! I am still creating within my comfort zone and painting with the mindset to please a 'wider audience' with colorful images. Hense, I hate these.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheta said...

I got to write carefully for "The Other Side of Love", to retain their existence in your house.

If not remembering wrong, this is the first painting in your collection I come across, discovered in your online briefcase. I should be looking around for demos, but I was attracted by the folder "paintings", then I was there.

The red side of love... I just see one people in the red side. I forget other people, all things in the outside world. In my eyes, there's one and only one people, that he enters my heart, fills my soul and enriches my life.

The blue side of love... the world is just too crowded. Maybe there're really other people existing physically, invading our world. Maybe they're just different images of my only one... and those images are so different to the one I get used to know. I lose his image, I lose my image. Too crowded that I can't breathe at all... please give me more space, more freedom, more choices...

The other side of love, depends on where you choose to stay. Will you just walk away to avoid changes and shocks? Lies and betrayal?

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home